BUTEYKO TRADE MARK
Letter from Dr Vladimir Buteyko, son of Konstantin Pavlovich Buteyko to all Buteyko instructors regarding status of Buteyko patent and Buteyko trademark.
Several instructors have informed me that they have received demands for payment for teaching the Buteyko Method. These demands have been accompanied by threats of legal prosecution for the supposed infringement of patent and trademarks. The instructors have requested clarification OF WHAT GROUNDS THESE THREATS ARE BASED ON and how they can protect themselves against blackmail.
The clarifications that I will give may be used in their entirety by instructors teaching the authentic (correct) Buteyko Method – i.e. the breath correction method, and not the pseudoscientific CO2 accumulation and infamous breathing gymnastics, breathing training devices and so on. The latter may also use those recommendations that do not concern the substance of the methodology.
No threats have been made in respect of copyright, so we will limit our discussion to patents and trademarks.
A specific feature of the Buteyko Method is that the essence of its application cannot be restricted by patents. This relates to the fact that Dr Buteyko understood the word method not to mean a technique as such but a methodology, i.e. a set of principles and rules that he discovered. Once these principles and rules are understood, they can be used to generate various sets of methods, techniques etc that are unique to each specific patient and to each specific situation.
At the same time, modern legislation is constructed in such a way that methodologies, sets of principles, theories and other such products of intellectual activity are not protected by law. Nor is it possible to patent the majority of methods and techniques used by instructors as descriptions have long been available, i.e. published in accessible media such as books [1-5 and others].
The law provides for trademarks not to encourage market monopolies, but on the contrary to allow goods (and services) to be individualised. In other words, the aim of a trademark is to prevent confusion – i.e. to allow consumers to differentiate between the symbol of the services of one provider from the symbol of the services of another.
We should also bear in mind that laws were not created with blatantly dishonest people in mind.
It follows from the above that instructors do not need to be afraid of threats if they take some elementary precautions.
What instructors need to do
The root cause of fear is ignorance and uncertainty. The first step should be therefore be to study the documents used as threats against instructors and the points of law relating to same. When writing about legislation, I will obviously have Russian law in mind. However, it is also evident that if laws in other countries do differ, it is only in tiny details and particulars.
Of course, to a person who has never been involved in legal proceedings, a claim submitted by another party to a court comes like a bolt from the blue. The mere accusation of breaking the law can be enough to disturb an honest persons equilibrium. However, if his conscience is clear, innocence can be proven with very little brainwork.
The fact is that the legal system is very amiably biased towards the defendant and not the claimant. In particular, in order for a court to initiate proceedings, the claimant must:
1. Provide EVIDENCE of his rights;
2. Provide CONCRETE EVIDENCE that his rights were infringed by the defendant.
Moreover, ANY DOUBTS are always interpreted IN FAVOUR OF THE DEFENDANT and not the claimant.
Now lets take a close look at the documents themselves, beginning with patents. According to my information, the threats from the intimidators make reference to patent RF No. 245171 (Appendix 1) for THE METHOD OF K.P. BUTEYKO FOR TREATING HYPOCARBIC DISEASES AND STATES, priority date 29.04.2004. If the patent is registered abroad, the instructor needs to examine the version in force in his country.
Our first glance at the date and name of this patent completely reveals the dishonesty of its authors. How could they write The Method of K.P. Buteykoafter Buteykos death, when the inventors are listed as Ludmila and her son Andrey (see point 72)? This immediately suggests that the patent was not filed in order to use and protect the method described but for entirely different purposes.
When we read the description of the invention, we see that the method is based on the MONITORING OF THE RATE OF CO2 INCREASE in exhaled air and MAINTENANCE OF THE RATE of its increase. I dont know about anyone else, but I dont know a single instructor who would practise such nonsense as MONITORING AND MAINTAINING THE RATE OF CO2 INCREASE!!! From this it immediately follows that it would be IMPOSSIBLE TO PRESENT A COURT WITH EVIDENCE OF THE USE of this patent by normal instructors.
And theres more! Look at point 56 of the patent! The book The Buteyko Method, Moscow, Patriot 1990  is indicated as a similar invention. This means that any instructor can state that he is using methods from that book, and not the patent. The instructor doesnt need to present any proof that what he says is true – a reference to the book is already present in the patent presented to the court. In other words, the claimants need to present the court with ACTUAL evidence that you are using the infamous patent instead of the book. If you use other publications describing the methods that you use, you will need to show these publications to the court.
It is completely obvious that the circumstances described above will prove the impossibility of prosecution on the grounds of the patent. There is no doubt that the case will be stopped dead during the preliminary examination of the claim. The patent owners are probably aware of this as I have not heard of a single prosecution using this patent.
Lets now turn to trademarks.
I have heard of prosecutions using trademark no. 297512 (Appendix 2) with a priority date of 2004.05.04 which contains the protected textual element BUTEYKO [in Latin script]. The same symbol but using Cyrillic text in Russian was filed as No. 103540 (Appendix 3) with a priority date of 1991.10.24. These trademarks contains numerous indications of heinous violations of trademark legislation.
The most significant of these is the inclusion of words from the title of the class of services among protected elements of trademarks, as if these trademarks had been registered in order to individualise these services (see below). As it is impossible for any Buteyko instructor to provide their service without using the word Buteyko, it is difficult for consumers to differentiate between one service provider and another. The trademarks themselves are constructed in such a way as to mislead consumers about the service provider.
It would be difficult to use these violations as a defence in a court of law. They could only be used in attempts to have trademarks cancelled or to oppose their registration in other countries.
I would again recall that the LEGAL purpose of trademarks (in our case) is to IDENTIFY SERVICES. Obviously, the trademark holders did not intend to call their service the Society Buteyko Ltd . It is impossible to imagine someone saying Come and see us. We will PERFORM a Society on you or We charge such-and-such for a Society and so on.
As with the patent, no-one intended to use these trademarks for their proper purpose!
It follows that it is easy to protect yourself from harassment in this instance as well, if you carefully study the trademarks and take precautionary measures.
To begin with, attention should be paid to point 526
.It is clear from this point that the intimidators have tried to usurp the right to the surname Buteyko (Ludmila Novozhilova had the same aim in mind when she took advantage of the lack of Ukrainian legal restrictions to change her surname to Buteyko in around 1999). However, the trademark only restricts use of certain words in the name of services indicated in point 511. It is therefore sufficient for an instructor to write the VLDB Method of the inventor K.P. Buteyko instead of the Buteyko Method to escape the trademarks as he is using the word Buteyko as the name of the inventor of a method (i.e. a person) and not of a service.
We also need to take a close look at point 511 ICGS classes and list of goods and services . In other words, this point indicates the area in which the trademark is valid. As is clearly stated, the trademark is only valid in the areas of classes 44 or 42 – medical aid or medical services, i.e. treatment of patients! (I dont know if the numbers of classes of goods and services are the same in other countries.) It follows that if an instructor always writestraining in the method rather than treatment by the method then he can distance himself still further from the areas to which these trademarks apply.
Priority rights are another obstacle to trademark infringement claims. If an instructor has registered a company to provide services with a name that uses the word BUTEYKO (in either Cyrillic or Latin script) before the priority date of this and, correspondingly, any other trademark, he has the right to use this word regardless of the rights of the trademark owner. In other words, the company name and the trademark have equal legal force under international law (see the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, signed by numerous countries). I would also recommend studying Article 10-bis of this convention as it deals with many aspects of this problem and could be actively used as part of a defence in court.
Moreover, internet domain names have the same legal force as trademarks in many countries. This means that an instructor or company for which he works that has registered an internet domain name before 2004.05.25 that uses the word buteyko will be sufficiently protected from trademark No. 297512 for the Latin script.
Many instructors and organisations could defend themselves using the article of the law on the exhaustion of rights of trademark owners. In other words, if a document exists where the trademark owner has previously allowed you to use this symbol, or a protected element from this symbol, he cannot then accuse you of infringing his rights to the same trademark. Etc., etc.
In conclusion I suggest that we all remember a very important rule regarding workings of the human consciousness. In same situations, a moral person always makes fewer mistakes than an immoral one, all things being equal. I hope that this will give honest and thoughtful instructors confidence in their ability to stand up to dishonest threats and intimidation.
1. Ture Wallén. Ryska Hålso revolutionen. Stockholm. 1983-1984. 83 pages.
2. [K. P. Buteyko Instructions for the Application of the Voluntary Breath Normalization (VBN) Method. For the self-treatment of physicians: Preprint. – Novosibirsk, 1984.] [www.buteyko.ru/izdan/Buteyko_26_Instruction.pdf]
3. [K. P. Buteyko Instructions for the Application of the Voluntary Breath Normalization (VBN) Method. For Buteyko instructors trained by the author: Preprint. – Novosibirsk, 1988.] [www.buteyko.ru/izdan/Buteyko_63_Instruction.pdf]
4. [Buteyko Method: Experience of introduction into medical practice. Collected papers. Compiled by K.P. Buteyko and A.E. Khoroshcho – Moscow, 1990. -224 p.] [www.buteyko.ru/izdan/metod_buteyko.zip]
5. [V.K. Buteyko, M.M. Buteyko Buteyko’s theory of the key role of breathing in human health: scientific introduction to the Buteyko therapy for experts. Voronezh: Buteyko Co Ltd, 2005. 100p. – Rus. / Eng.] [www.buteyko.ru/izdan/Buteyko%20theory%20rus-eng.pdf]
The following papers have been provided by Dr Vladimir Buteyko, the eldest son of Dr Konstanin Buteyko. Vladimir Konstantinovich Buteyko, Director of Buteyko Co Ltd (Voronezh) since 1991. He is at the same time senior lecturer at Voronezh State University, where he has been teaching since 1985. He holds the degree of the Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences and is the author of more than 70 scientific publications, including 9 inventions. V.K. Buteyko is the elder son of K.P. Buteyko.
- Buteyko theory
- The First hand Buteyko Method
- Asthma and Allergies [Russian]
- Buteyko trademark and patent status
Other publications include:
- K. P. Buteyko, Sh. I. Shurgaya Functional Diagnostics of Coronary Heart Disease. – In: Symposium on Surgical Treatment of Coronary Disease. Synopsis of reports. Moscow, 1962, pp.42-43.Download (Rus).
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. DyominCrosscorrelation Analysis of Physiological Functions. Newsletter of the USSR AS, the Siberian Branch. 1963. N 6. Medicine and Biology Series. Issue 2. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, M. P. Odintsova, D. V. Dyomin Hyper- and Hypoxemia Effects on the Peripheral Vascular Tone // Materials of the Second Siberian Research Conference of Therapists. – Irkutsk, 1964.Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin, M. P. Odintsova Regressive Analysis in Differentiating Aerated Blood Gas Component Effects on Peripheral Arteriole Functional Conditions // Materials of the Second Siberian Research Conference of Therapists. – Irkutsk, 1964.
- K. P. Buteyko An Instruction for VBN Therapy for Bronchial Asthma, l Pectoris, High Blood Pressure and Obliterating Endarteritis: Preprint. – Novosibirsk, 1964.
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin, M. P. Odintsova Mathematical Analysis of Physiological Value Interconnections // Physical and Mathematical Analysis Methods in Biology and Medicine. Materials of the First Novosibirsk Conference. – Novosibirsk, 1965.Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin, M. P. Odintsova Ventilation of the Lungs and Arterial Vascular Tone Interconnection in Patients with High Blood Pressure and l Pectoris // Phyziologichny Zhurnal. 1965. V. 11, N 5 (in Ukrainian).
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin, M. P. Odintsova Relations between Alveolar Carbon Dioxide, Blood Pressure and BloodCholesterol in Patients with High Blood Pressure and l Pectoris. Materials of the Third Siberian Research Conference of Therapists. -Irkutsk, 1965.
- K. P. Buteyko Crosscorrelation Methods of Physiological Regulation Analysis. Materials of the VII National Conference on Automated Control and Electric Measurement Methods. – Novosibirsk, 1965.
- K. P. Buteyko Multivariate researches of functional systems in biology and medicine // In: Reports of medical electronics section at the 9th regional scientific-technical conference dedicated to Radio Day. – Novosibirsk, 1966. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin, M. P. Odintsova Relations between Alveolar Air Tension and Peripheral Arteria Tone in Patients with High Blood Pressure and l Pectoris // Zdravookhranenie Turkmenistana. 1966. N 2.
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin, M. P. Odintsova Carbon Dioxide Effects on Large Arteries in Patients with High Blood Pressure and Atherocardiosclerosis // Zdravookhranenie Kazakhstana. 1966. N 6.
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin, M. P. Odintsova A Linear Analog of Vascular Tone Regulation by Aerated Blood Gas Components // Report at the 9th Regional Research and Technology Conference Dedicated to Radio Day. – Novosibirsk, 1966.
- K. P. Buteyko et al. Voluntary Breathing Regulation Effects on Some Physiological Functions at High Altitude // Issues of Aviation Medicine. – Moscow, 1966.
- K. P. Buteyko, S. F. Chasovskikh, D. V. Dyomin Gage Phonocardiography Data in Indirect Definition of Lesser Circuit Hypertension Levels // Materials of the 4th Volga-Region Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology Conference. – Saratov, 1966. V. 1.
- K. P. Buteyko, M. P. Odintsova, D. V. Dyomin Hyper- and Hypoxemia Effects on Arterial Vascular Tone // Sovetskaya Meditsina. 1967. N 3. Download (Rus)
- Z. M. Murakhtanova, K. P. Buteyko et al. External Respiration Characteristics of Patients with Scoliosis. Works of Novosibirsk Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics. v Novosibirsk, 1967.
- K. P. Buteyko et al. Employment of Correlation Methods for Cardiovascular System Examination // Mathematical Methods in Aviation and Space Medicine. – Moscow, 1967.
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin, M. P. Odintsova Informational Interrelation between the Cardiac Rhythm and Other Human Physiological Functions as per the Crosscorrelation Analysis Data. Mathematical Methods of Cardiac Rhythm Analysis. – Moscow, 1968.
- K. P. Buteyko, M. P. Odintsova, N. S. Nasonkina Ventilation Test in Bronchial Asthma Patients // Vrachebnoe Delo. 1968. N4. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, M. P. Odintsova Hyperventilation as One of the Causes of Bronchial Plain Muscle Spasms and Arterial Vasospasms // Materials of the 4th Conference on Remedial Gymnastics and Medical Control. – Saratov, 1968.
- K. P. Buteyko Multivariate methods for investigation of cardiovascular system and respiration // In: Issues of Functional Diagnostics. Materials of the First scientifical-practical conference on functional diagnostics for doctors from civil aviation’s organizations. – Novosibirsk. 1969. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko A Theory of CO2 -shortage Diseases as Civilization-s Adaptation to the Atmospheric Evolution // Cybernetic Aspects of the “Man-Environment” System Adaptation. Seminar. – Moscow, 1975.
- Synopsis of Reports at the 1st National Medical Conference on the Use of the VDBE Method. Rubtsovsk
- K. P. Buteyko Haemohypocarbia Therapy Method. Certificate of Authorship N 1067640. Registered in the USSR Governmental Registry of Innovations on September 15, 1983
- K. P. Buteyko
The Instruction on Application of the Method of Voluntary Breath Normalization (VBN). For self-treatment of physicians: Preprint. – Novosibirsk, 1984. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, V. A. Genina Asthma Nosogenesis under Physical Loads // Drug-free Methods of Asthma Therapy. Synopsis of Reports at the National Conference. – Moscow, 1986. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, V. A. Genina Comparing the Substantiations and Efficiency of Multiple, Expectant and Monoetiological Treatments for Bronchial Asthma and Other Allergopathies. – Ibid. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, V. A. Genina A Theory of Deep Breathing (Hyperventilation) as the Main Cause of Allergies, Bronchovasopathies and Other Diseases of the Civilization. – Ibid. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, V. A. Genina, N. S. Nasonkina Sanogenetic Reaction in VDBE Method Therapy. – Ibid. Download (Rus)
- E. V. Putsintsev, Z. A. Varlamova, L. R. Mescheryakova Remedial Gymnastics in Bronchial Asthma Therapy //Materials for the Institute-s Annual Research Session. – Novokuznetsk, 1967.
- K. V. Shelomova Voluntary Breath Normalization in Remedial Gymnastics for Bronchial Asthma // Materials of the 4th Conference on Remedial Gymnastics and Medical Control. – Sverdlovsk, 1968.
- L. A. Panova Bronchial Asthma as a Model of Adaptation to the Changed Environment // Cybernetic Aspects of the “Man-Environment” System Adaptation. Seminar. – Moscow, 1975.
- S. M. Gavalov, V. A. Genina, R. F. Gavalova Voluntary Breath Regulation in Multiple Bronchial Asthma Therapy in Children. – Saratov, 1978.
- V. A. Genina, I. R. Glushenko Bronchial Asthma Average Conditional Value Development. Physical Measurement of Ecological System Parameters and Mathematical Handling of the Data. – Novosibirsk, 1982.
- V. A. Genina Hyperventilation in Bronchial Asthma Nosogenesis and its Treatment by Lung Ventilation Reduction // Epidemiological Characteristics of Obstruction Lung Diseases in Various Professions. – Novosibirsk, 1982.
- V. A. Genina et al. The Voluntary Breath Normalization (VBN) Therapy of Children with Bronchial Asthma as per the Information from the 1st MMI Pediatric Clinic. // Pediatriya. 1982. N2.
- V. A. Genina A Chronic Hyperventilation Elimination Method in Obstruction Syndrome Therapy. Obstruction Lung Disease Therapy. – Novosibirsk, 1985.
- K. P. Buteyko Pneumotacheomether with the Stream of Air Automatic Choke /a Part of the Medical Combine/. v Izobretatel i Ratsionalizator, 1961, N 6, p.16; 1962, N 5, p.7.
- K. P. Buteyko Gage Ballistocardiogram in Cardiovascular System Examination for Mitral Diseases. v Newsletter of the USSR AS, the Siberian Branch, 1962, N 8, pp. 120-121.
- K. P. Buteyko Methodology and Clinical Significance of Direct Gage Ballistocardiography. Synopsis of the Dissertation for the Degree of Candidate of Medicine. Novosibirsk, 1962, 20p. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko et al. Construction of Automatic Equipment for Ballistocardiogram Analysis. – In: Reports at the Conference on Automated Control and Electric Measurement Methods. Novosibirsk, 1962, p. 51.
- K. P. Buteyko, B. I. Makhbitch, G. S. Chudnovsky Jugular Phlebography in Tricuspid Valve Insufficiency Diagnostics. v Klinicheskaya Meditsina, 1963, N 5, p. 74.Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, B. S. Sinitsyn Polar Correlation Method in Statistic Handling of Ballistocardiograms and Phonocardiograms. – In: Synopsis of Reports at the Conference on Automated Control and Electric Measurement Methods. Novosibirsk, 1963, p.
- K. P. Buteyko, E. A. Zhuk, V. I. Fufin Patent Arterial Canal ECG and ECG Measurement after the Canal. v Experimentalnaya Khirurgiya i Anesteziologiya , 1964, N 1, p. 11. Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, N. G. Bury, N. V. Vaskova Objective Diagnostics of Cardiac Diseases. v Meditsinskaya Promyshlennost, 1964, N 8, p. 21.Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, E. A. Zhuk, A. L. MIkaelyan Electrocardiogram for Isolated Aortal Stenosis. – Cardiologiya, 1964, N 2, p. 67.Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin Physical Function Stationary Condition Interconnection Computer Research. – In: Materials of the 1st Leningrad Conference on Engineering Psychology Issues. Leningrad, 1964, pp. 55-56.
- K. P. Buteyko, D. V. Dyomin Physiological Function Dynamics Computer Research. – In: Materials of the 1st Leningrad Conference on Engineering Psychology Issues. Leningrad, 1964, pp. 56-57.
- K.P. Buteiko, B.J. Mazhbich, G.S. Chudnovski Jugular phlebography in diagnosis of tricuffiaency. – Federation Proc., transl, Suppl. 1964, v.23, N 2, p 11, p.304-306.
- K. P. Buteyko, A. V. Yakimenko, V. I. Lobanov Semi-digital Transformer for Physiological Data Input in M-20 Computers. – In: Physical and Mathematical Analysis Methods in Biology and Medicine. Materials of the 1st Novosibirsk Conference. Novosibirsk, 1965, p.
- A. A. Borovkov, K. P. Buteyko, V. H. Zaslavsky, N. M. Sycheva Statistic Optimal Methods of Gage Ballistocardiogram Anginal Pectoris Diagnostics. – In: Physical and Mathematical Analysis Methods in Biology and Medicine. Materials of the 1st Novosibirsk Conference. Novosibirsk, 1965, pp.61-62.
- K. P. Buteyko, V. P. Romashev Modernized Thromboflexograph and its Practical Use. – In: Synopsis of Reports at the Conference of Innovators in Medicine. Novosibirsk, 1965, pp. 82-87.Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko, V. V. Kamesnkaya, O. M. Shabanova Breathing Frequency Determination in People and Animals with the Help of Semiconductor Thermosensitive Sensor. – In: Synopsis of Reports at the Conference of Innovators in Medicine. Novosibirsk, 1965, pp. 170-172.
- K. P. Buteyko, Sh. I. Shurgaya Functional Diagnostics of Coronary Disease. – In: Surgical Treatment of Coronary Disease. Moscow, 1965, pp.117-118 Download (Rus)
- K. P. Buteyko et al. Crosscorrelation Analysis of Physiological Functions. -In: Materials of the 7th National Conference on Automated Control and Electric Measurement Methods. Novosibirsk, 1965, p.284
- K. P. Buteyko, E. N. Karyshev, V. S. Sinitsyn Employment of Cardiovascular System Correlation Method Analysis. In: Conference on the Employment of Mathematical Methods in Aviation and Space Medicine. Moscow 1965
- K. P. Buteyko, G. S. Lbov Medical Diagnostics as the Pattern Recognition. In: 9th Regional Research and Technology Conference Dedicated to Radio Day. Novosibirsk, 1966, pp.16-20
- K. P. Buteyko, S. F. Chasovskikh, D. V. Dyomin Gage Phonocardiography Data in Indirect Definition of Lesser Circuit Hypertension Levels. v In: Materials of the 4th Volga-Region Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology Conference. Saratov, 1966, v.1, p.251
- K. P. Buteyko, M. P. Odintsova, D. V. Dyomin Hyper- and Hypoxemia Effects on the Arterial Vascular Tone. v Sovetskaya Meditsina,1967,N3, pp.44-49.
- K. P. Buteyko, S. F. Chasovskikh Phonocardiographic Pressure Determination in the Lung Arteries. In: Blood Circuit and Gas Exchange Pathologies and Rehabilitation, issue 3. Novosibirsk, 1969, pp.125-126 Download (Rus)
- M. P. Odintsova Alveolar Air Carbon Dioxide Tension Effects on the Peripheral Arteries Tone in Patients with Coronary Insufficiency and High Blood Pressure. Synopsis of the Dissertation for the Degree of Candidate of Medicine. – Barnaul, 1970, 20 p.
- K. P. Buteyko The Instruction on Application of the Method of Voluntary Breath Normalization (VBN). For buteyko instructors who have been trained by the author: Preprint. – Novosibirsk, 1988. Download (Rus)
- Buteyko Method: Experience of introduction into a medical practice. Collected papers. Compiled by K.P. Buteyko, A.E. Khoroscho – Moscow, 1990. -224 p. Download (Rus)
- Buteyko Method: Experience of introduction into a medical practice. Collected papers. 2nd edition. Compiled by K.P Buteyko. – Odessa, 1991. -232 p.
- Buteyko respiration. A manual for patients of the method of conscious elimination deep respiration. Compiled by V. K. Buteyko, M. M. Buteyko. – Voronezh, 1991. 56p.
- International Informatzation Forum IIF-92. Synopsis of Reports, 1992 v 21p.
- International Informatization Forum IIF-94. Synopsis of Reports, 1995 v 40p.
- K.P. Buteyko, V.K. Buteyko, M.M. Buteyko A rigorous presentation of fundamentals of K.P. Buteyko’s theory about a physiological role of respiration in genesis of some diseases. Voronezh: Buteyko Co Ltd; 2005, 80 pp., Dep. in VINITI, February 8th 2005, N 185–2005. – Rus. Download
- K.P. Buteyko, V.K. Buteyko, M.M. Buteyko The formalized representation of fundamentals of the Buteyko theory about genesis of illness of deep respiration (section 1). Journal of theoretical and practical medicine. 2005; 3: 71-76. – Rus. Download
- K.P. Buteyko, V.K. Buteyko, M.M. Buteyko The formalized representation of fundamentals of the Buteyko theory about genesis of illness of deep respiration (section 2). Journal of theoretical and practical medicine. 2005; 3: 167-173. – Rus. Download
- V.K. ButeykoButeyko theory about a role of breath in genesis of some pathologies: the educational guide. – Voronezh : LOP VSU, 2005. – 27 p. – Rus.
- V.K. Buteyko, M.M. Buteyko The Buteyko theory about a key role of breathing for human health: scientific introduction to the Buteyko therapy for experts. Voronezh: Buteyko Co Ltd, 2005. 100p. – Rus. / Eng. Download