Designed by Patrick McKeown, author of The Oxygen Advantage, MYOTAPE safely brings the lips together to help ensure nasal breathing. The tape can be worn by adults, teenagers and children aged 4 years and up.
Small Tape: Ages 4-16
Medium Tape: Ages 16-upwards (with smaller mouth size)
Large Tape: Ages 16-upwards
- 1 packet (90 strips): 25 USdollars
- 2 packets (180 strips): 45 USdollars
- 5 packets (450 strips): 87.50 USdollars
For orders over 5 packets, please contact Nikki at [email protected]
MYOTAPE does not cover the mouth. Instead, it surrounds the mouth, bringing the lips together with a light, elastic tension that helps to maintain lip closure and ensure nasal breathing. This elastic tension serves as a continuous reminder to keep the lips together. When you or your child open your mouth to breathe, the feeling of tension from the tape will prompt the mouth to close.
The tape is a training support, designed to restore nasal breathing patterns both during wakefulness and sleep. It allows the freedom to open the mouth at any time, and to communicate effectively whilst wearing the tape. To change behavioral patterns, it is recommended that the tape is worn for 60 to 90 days.
Parents: before using MYOTAPE with your child, please read the following instructions:
If your child has nasal congestion, please watch and practice our current children’s breathing program, which is available online at no cost from ButeykoClinic.com/buteykochildren/
- MYOTAPE is not suitable for children under 4 years of age.
- The tape should not be used if your child is unable to remove it by themselves.
- Do not use the tape if your child has a tummy upset or is at risk of vomiting.
- Children must only use MYOTAPE with adult supervision.
- MYOTAPE is to be worn daily (while your child is awake) for periods of between 30 minutes and 2 hours. It is especially important to use MYOTAPE when your child is distracted, for example, while playing with toys, drawing, watching TV or using an iPad.
- MYOTAPE is commonly used by children over four years of age during sleep. Please consult with a medical doctor prior to using the tape during your child’s sleep.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Remove the paper backing from your MYOTAPE
- Using your hands, gently stretch the tape by about 20%
- If applying tape to your child, encourage them to bring their lips together
- Gently place the tape so that it surrounds your or your child’s mouth