CERTIFICATE TRAINING WITH PATRICK MCKEOWN
This comprehensive, certificate course provides detailed instruction on how to address breathing pattern disorders in children, teenagers and adults. This course has been specifically created for dentists, myofunctional therapists, dental hygienists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and all healthcare providers.
Four days’ intensive face to face training.
Online video training
of theory and practical demonstration.
The entire Buteyko Certificate training is professionally filmed, edited and available by video to provide an in-depth learning experience.
Free access to monthly 2 hour online classes for practical and theoretical Buteyko Method for asthma, sleep issues and anxiety.
Upon successful completion of case studies and exam, a certificate in the Buteyko Clinic Method is granted by Buteyko Clinic International.
If desired, attendance on a further Buteyko training with Patrick McKeown is encouraged as a refresher, and granted at a nominal fee or on a complimentary basis.
CERTIFICATE TRAINING SYLLABUS
- Respiratory physiology
- Optimising oxygen uptake and delivery
- Mouth breathing: physical mental and emotional
- Examining dysfunctional breathing patterns
- Practical application of the Buteyko method
- Nose unblocking exercise
- Breathe Light (five variations)
- Breathe Light physical exercise (two variations)
- Walking with breath holds
- Steps exercise (three variations)
- Breathing recovery
- Tailoring exercises to specific people
- Week to week format to train adults
- Mouth breathing in children
- Teaching children & teenagers
- Week to week format to train children
- Functioning of autonomic nervous system
- Breathing and heart rate variability
- Breathing re-education in sleep
- Phenotypes of sleep apnea
- Breathing & TMJ disease
- Exhaustion, anxiety, panic disorder and breathing
MA, Dip BM, FRSB
Since 2002, Patrick McKeown has delivered training in Breathing Re-Education to healthcare professionals and the general public with asthma, rhinitis, sleep disordered breathing, anxiety and panic disorders.
As part of his work, he has collaborated in four clinical trials investigating Breathing Re-education for asthma and rhinitis. A speaker on TED talks, Patrick is the author of eight books including two best sellers for asthma. His latest book titled “The Oxygen Advantage” is published in fourteen languages and explores improving sports performance in athletes.
Buteyko Clinic International
Oxygen Research Institute
Oxygen Research Institute LTD trading as Buteyko Clinic International is a limited company trading in the Republic of Ireland. Company registration number: 565111
Tax Number: 3379805PH.