CORE VALUES & GOALS
The core values of Buteyko Professionals International are those values we hold which form the foundation on which our members perform their professional work and conduct themselves. These core values are principles that guide our internal conduct as well as our relationship with the external world. Our seven Core Values are:
Professionalism: We will work together to promote and advance the professionalism of our members. An important aspect of this is a strong commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
Ethics: We firmly believe that a strong moral code is a key component towards earning trust in Buteyko Professionals International, both internally and externally. We strive to uphold the highest possible moral competency and responsibility. We are steadfast in practising and observing the ethical principles we have set out in our Code of Conduct and Ethics.
Respect: We recognize the worth, quality, diversity and importance of our clients and each other.
Integrity: We will exercise the highest standards in personal and professional behaviour.
Compassion and Caring: We will have concern, empathy, and consideration for the needs and values of clients and others.
Altruism: Our primary regard is the interest of our clients and we place our clients’ needs above our own.
Collaboration: We will collaborate with fellow Members of Buteyko Professionals International and with other groups of Buteyko professionals.
- To encourage and promote exchanges of scientific information and professional experience, between members, on an international basis.
- To raise the awareness and profile of the Buteyko Breathing Method internationally, amongst members of the public, the medical profession, and allied health professionals.
- To liaise with asthma patients’ associations internationally, with a view to them taking action to make their members aware of the benefits and availability of the Buteyko Breathing Method from qualified Buteyko professionals; and to encourage other organizations of Buteyko professionals to engage in such liaison.
- To liaise with national Departments of Health on the public health benefits and cost savings (on pharmaceuticals) associated with the use of the Buteyko Breathing Method in the management of asthma.
- To further encourage cooperation and collaboration with other organizations of Buteyko professionals in the pursuit of common goals.
- To provide assistance and support to members in their practice of the Buteyko Breathing Method, through continuous professional development, mentoring, pertinent information (e.g. new clinical studies), newsletters, and other communications.