BUTEYKO METHOD ZOOM SEMINARS
WITH PATRICK MCKEOWN
- Reduce symptoms of asthma, rhinitis, respiratory conditions and long covid
- Relieve anxiety, depression, stress and panic attacks.
- Resolve sleep issues from snoring and sleep apnea to insomnia.
- Learn optimal breathing for children’s health and development.
INVESTMENT — $ 50 PER CLASS
Learn with Buteyko Clinic’s founder, Patrick McKeown. Discover the theory and practice of the Buteyko Method and apply the exercises to meet your personal health needs.
FEBRUARY 8 | 2022 4pm–6pm (UK)
Asthma, rhinitis/hay fever, Long Covid Symptoms, COPD, cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis
FEBRUARY 9 | 2022 4pm–6pm (UK)
Anxiety, racing mind, depression, stress and panic attacks
FEBRUARY 10 | 2022 4pm–6pm (UK)
Sleep issues: snoring, sleep apnea, fatigue and insomnia
FEBRUARY 14 | 2022 4pm–6pm (UK)
Parents: Learn Buteyko for Children’s Health and Development
WHAT YOU GET:
- A 2-hour live Zoom class.
- A recording of the seminar for you to keep.
- A 15-minute Q&A session via Zoom chat.
- Lifetime access to a Buteyko online course (value $30).
- 15% off our one to one sessions
Classes are open to all, but class size is limited to 20-30 participants
to give you the best experience.
These classes frequently sell out. Find out more and reserve
your space using the links below.
seminar 1— 8th February 2022 | 4pm – 6pm | london, uk time
The Buteyko Method involves switching from mouth to nose breathing on a permanent basis, along with practising breathing exercises which are specifically designed to bring breathing volume to calmer and more normal levels. As breathing becomes more efficient, the feeling of breathlessness during rest and physical exercise reduces.If you have asthma, research states you will habitually breathe much more air than someone without asthma. When you “over-breathe” it disturbs vital blood gasses including carbon dioxide and oxygen. And it cools and dries the airways, making you cough, wheeze and feel breathless.
Click HERE for more information about the Buteyko Method for Asthma and Rhinitis.
Click HERE for more information about the Buteyko Method for COPD, Bronchiectasis and Emphysema.
Click HERE for more information about the Buteyko Method for Cystic Fibrosis.
- Learn how to reverse poor breathing patterns that exacerbate your symptoms.
- Learn how to decongest your nose,
- Apply breathing exercises to help stop symptoms such as coughing, wheezing and breathlessness,
- Learn Breathing Exercises for Long Covid Symptoms
- Practice breathing exercises to help open your airways and relieve the feeling of air hunger or suffocation,
- Receive a daily plan to significantly reduce your symptoms in as little as 2 weeks.
Independent clinical trials into the Buteyko Breathing Method report that it is effective in improving asthma control. Results include 70% less coughing and wheezing, 90% less need for rescue medication and almost half the need for inhaled steroid medications.
These findings are blocked up by Patrick’s experience from nearly 20 years working with clients — that a when a person with asthma works to normalize their breathing, their symptoms reduce by 50% within 2 weeks.
seminar 2— 9th February 2022 | 4pm – 6pm | london, uk time
Learn Buteyko for Anxiety, Racing Mind, Depression, Stress and Panic Attacks
Stress is a fact of modern life. You juggle a busy work and family schedule, financial insecurities and social stress on a daily basis. It’s hardly surprising if you are off balance much of the time.
The problem with stress is that it creates a vicious cycle.
It has a profound effect on your breathing, making you breathe fast, into your chest and often through your mouth. Fast, upper chest breathing triggers the body’s fight or flight response. So, stress becomes self-perpetuating and chronic.
- Learn to switch on your relaxation response and calm a racing mind by gently slowing down and softening your breath,
- Learn breathing techniques to help stop panic attacks, anxiety and a racing mind,
- Understand the connection between poor sleep and racing mind,
- Practice breathing exercises to eliminate the feeling of air hunger or suffocation,
- Improve blood flow and the delivery of oxygen to the brain,
- Improve your focus, concentration and attention span,
- Reverse years of chronic stress by “toning” the parasympathetic nervous system (your rest and digest mode),
seminar 3— 10th February 2022 | 4pm – 6pm | london, uk time
Do snoring and sleep apnea keep you awake? Do you lie in bed at night with your mind racing, unable to drop off? Are you constantly tired during the day?
Poor sleep is a big problem. It contributes to sick days, road traffic accidents and chronic health issues. It makes you more vulnerable to dementia, heart disease and early mortality.
- How to stop mouth snoring,
- Why you snore through your nose, and how to significantly reduce nasal snoring,
- Why the airway collapses during sleep, according to the latest developments in sleep-disordered breathing,
- How to practice breathing exercises to reduce sleep apnea.
If you’ve tried everything, from medication to meditation and still can’t sleep, you may not know that there’s a proven link between nasal obstruction and mouth breathing and sleep disorders like snoring and sleep apnea.
The Buteyko Breathing Method has been successfully used for decades to help people with these conditions. When you learn to unblock your nose, switch to…
seminar 4— 14th February 2022 | 4pm – 6pm | london, uk time
Learn Buteyko for children’s health and development
Mouth breathing and its effect on childhood development:
- Mouth breathing is a common habit, present in more than 50 percent of children. It is caused by airway obstruction or small airway size. Common risk factors include swollen adenoids and tonsils or a blocked, stuffy nose.
- Breathing through an open mouth is extremely detrimental to the development of the face, teeth and upper airways. Left untreated in childhood, the habit results in abnormal facial features and smaller airways in adulthood. This perpetuates poor breathing habits and leads to a lifetime of health issues.
- When a child mouth-breathes, the brain receives insufficient oxygen. Long term, this has been proven to have a direct impact on cognitive ability, learning and behavior.
- Mouth breathing at night can result in sleep-disordered breathing with problems such as snoring and sleep apnea. No child should ever snore.
In this seminar, Patrick will guide parents and educators through the breathing exercises and science for improving children and teenagers’ breathing and health.
Parents and educators welcome. The exercises can be applied for children aged 5-16 years old.
For further information about our free online Buteyko Children’s Exercises please go to www.buteykoclinic.com/buteykochildren/
With every registration you get access to our free online course. You can see details of the course here: https://buteykoclinic.com/buteyko-clinic-online-courses/
For more information about how the Buteyko Method is applied for Obstructive Sleep Apnea please see: https://buteykoclinic.com/sleepapnea/
To read more about the impact of mouth breathing on your child’s healt hand to access our free program of breathing exercises for children, go to: https://buteykoclinic.com/crookedteeth/
Patrick McKeown’s recent coauthored scientific article examines the relationship between poor breathing patterns and obstructive sleep apnea. Click here to access the article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7865730/