BUTEYKO METHOD ZOOM SEMINARS
WITH PATRICK MCKEOWN
LEARN BUTEYKO BREATHING TECHNIQUES LIVE ONLINE. BOOST YOUR AND YOUR FAMILY’S PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH. GET DEEP, RESTORATIVE SLEEP AND TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR OWN WELL-BEING.
JUNE 28- JULY 2, 2021
- Reduce symptoms of asthma, rhinitis and respiratory conditions
- Relieve anxiety, depression, stress and panic attacks.
- Resolve sleep issues from snoring and sleep apnea to insomnia.
- Understand how women’s breathing changes as hormones fluctuate.
- Learn optimal breathing for children’s health and development.
INVESTMENT — $ 50 PER CLASS
Learn with Buteyko Clinic’s founder, Patrick McKeown. Discover the theory and practice of the Buteyko Method and apply the exercises to meet your personal health needs.
JUNE 28 | 2021 4pm–6pm (UK)
Asthma, rhinitis/hay fever, COPD, cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis
JUNE 29 | 2021 4pm–6pm (UK)
Anxiety, racing mind, depression, stress and panic attacks
JUNE 30 | 2021 4pm–6pm (UK)
Sleep issues: snoring, sleep apnea, fatigue and insomnia
JULY 1 | 2021 4pm–6pm (UK)
JULY 2 | 2021 4pm–6pm (UK)
Parents: Learn Buteyko for Children’s Health and Development
WHAT YOU GET:
- A 2-hour live Zoom class.
- A recording of the seminar for you to keep.
- A 15-minute Q&A session via Zoom chat.
- Lifetime access to a Buteyko online course (value $30).
Classes are open to all, but class size is limited to 100 participants
to give you the best experience.
These classes frequently sell out. Find out more and reserve
your space using the links below.
seminar 1—28th June 2021 | 4pm – 6pm | london, uk time
Learn Buteyko for Asthma, Rhinitis/Hay Fever, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Bronchiectasis
If you or your child has asthma, research states you will habitually breathe much more air than someone without asthma. When you “over-breathe” it disturbs vital blood gases including carbon dioxide and oxygen. And it cools and dries the airways, making you cough, wheeze and feel breathless.
- Learn how to reverse the poor breathing patterns that exacerbate your asthma.
- Learn how to decongest your nose,
- Apply breathing exercises to help stop asthma symptoms such as coughing, wheezing and breathlessness,
- Practice breathing exercises to help open your airways and relieve the feeling of air hunger or suffocation,
- Receive a daily plan to significantly reduce your asthma symptoms in as little as 2 weeks.
Independent clinical trials into the Buteyko Breathing Method report that it is effective in improving asthma control. Results include 70% less coughing and wheezing, 90% less need for rescue medication and almost half the need for inhaled steroid medications.
These findings are blocked up by Patrick’s experience from nearly 20 years working with clients — that a when a person with asthma works to normalize their breathing, their symptoms reduce by 50% within 2 weeks.
seminar 2—29th June 2021 | 4pm – 6pm | london, uk time
Learn Buteyko for Anxiety, Racing Mind, Depression, Stress and Panic Attacks
Stress is a fact of modern life. You juggle a busy work and family schedule, financial insecurities and social stress on a daily basis. It’s hardly surprising if you are off balance much of the time.
The problem with stress is that it creates a vicious cycle.
It has a profound effect on your breathing, making you breathe fast, into your chest and often through your mouth. Fast, upper chest breathing triggers the body’s fight or flight response. So, stress becomes self-perpetuating and chronic.
- Learn to switch on your relaxation response and calm a racing mind by gently slowing down and softening your breath,
- Learn breathing techniques to help stop panic attacks, anxiety and a racing mind,
- Understand the connection between poor sleep and racing mind,
- Practice breathing exercises to eliminate the feeling of air hunger or suffocation,
- Improve blood flow and the delivery of oxygen to the brain,
- Improve your focus, concentration and attention span,
- Reverse years of chronic stress by “toning” the parasympathetic nervous system (your rest and digest mode),
seminar 3—30th June 2021 | 4pm – 6pm | london, uk time
Learn Buteyko for Sleep Issues: Snoring, Sleep Apnea, Fatigue and Insomnia
Do snoring and sleep apnea keep you awake? Do you lie in bed at night with your mind racing, unable to drop off? Are you constantly tired during the day?
Poor sleep is a big problem. It contributes to sick days, road traffic accidents and chronic health issues. It makes you more vulnerable to dementia, heart disease and early mortality.
If you’ve tried everything, from medication to meditation and still can’t sleep, you may not know that there’s a proven link between nasal obstruction and mouth breathing and sleep disorders like snoring and sleep apnea.
The Buteyko Breathing Method has been successfully used for decades to help people with these conditions. When you learn to unblock your nose, switch to…
seminar 4—1th July 2021 | 4pm – 6pm | london, uk time
Learn Buteyko for Women’s Breathing
PMS can be debilitating.
- It can trigger migraines, headaches and tiredness that leave you unable to function.
- It can cause you to skip work or social events
- It can leave you switching between different hormonal contraceptives to try to minimize symptoms.
- And far too often, it’s dismissed as something you “just have to put up with.”
In this seminar, Patrick will guide you through breathing exercises and science specifically for women.
- Sleep disordered breathing and why it gets worse after menopause,
- Why you get more anxious around the time of your period,
- The link between PMS and breathing pattern disorders,
- And more…
If you struggle with monthly symptoms, you may not know that there’s proven link between premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and an imbalance of blood gases due to cyclical hyperventilation. Your breathing is significantly impacted by hormonal fluctuations.
- Learn the science behind breathing and how it relates to your menstrual cycle,
- Discover why hormonal changes can make you anxious,
- Practice breathing exercises to help reduce pain perception, improve pain thresholds, and reduce fatigue, anxiety and panic,
- Understand why symptoms of conditions like fibromyalgia are worse at certain times of the month,
- Learn the connection between back pain and your diaphragm,
- Find out why you get menstrual cramps and what it has to do with carbon dioxide.
With every registration you get access to our free online course. You can see details of the course here: https://buteykoclinic.com/buteyko-clinic-online-courses/
For more information about how the Buteyko Method is applied for Obstructive Sleep Apnea please see: https://buteykoclinic.com/sleepapnea/
To read more about the impact of mouth breathing on your child’s healt hand to access our free program of breathing exercises for children, go to: https://buteykoclinic.com/crookedteeth/
Patrick McKeown’s recent coauthored scientific article examines the relationship between poor breathing patterns and obstructive sleep apnea. Click here to access the article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7865730/