Online Certificate in the Buteyko Clinic Method (CertBBM)
Learn a simple, scientific breathing method to help your clients reach their health and wellness goals.
Next Live Classes: 16-20 October 2023 (scroll down for exact dates and times)
- Become a certified Breathing Instructor
- Confidently teach the science behind the breath
- Apply the method for all health conditions
- Learn to work with adults & children
- Add a new dimension to your own practice
- Build a solid foundation for your business
ORDER HERE THROUGH SECURE PAYMENT
Thinking of training as a breathing coach?
As a certified Buteyko Breathing Instructor you will be able to facilitate huge positive changes in other people’s lives. The Buteyko Method can help your clients overcome some of the most common and debilitating health problems.
There is currently huge global interest in breathing. This means there is growing demand for breathing instructors and breath specialists. From well-being to sports, and in the dental, medical, scientific, and therapeutic communities, awareness of breathing re-education is growing.
Buteyko breathing exercises deliver results for clients in the first session. There aren’t many disciplines that provide such immediate, positive feedback.
You can work from anywhere. Online or offline. It is easy to coach clients remotely using the online platform of your choice. You don’t need any fancy, expensive equipment. And you don’t need any prior knowledge or experience either.
The exercises you will learn are explained alongside relevant scientific research. The method is safe and natural if taught as instructed. In fact, in order to ensure safe and efficient use, only certified instructors can teach the Buteyko Method.
Get certified from home with this knowledge-packed course. Ask questions during the live, interactive lessons with Patrick McKeown.
Learn how to apply the techniques with clients whatever their age, health or goals. The breathing method is easy for anyone to successfully integrate into their routine.
Improve stress, sleep, energy, focus and nervous system balance along with many other vital health parameters.
Join a growing international community of certified instructors. Get support from a vibrant network of like-minded professionals.
Why Choose the Buteyko Method?
The current global interest in breathwork means new breathing certifications and methods are available. The Buteyko Method is one of the few techniques that has been examined and found to be effective in independent clinical trials. The first of these trials was undertaken in 1995; more than 20 years before many other methods appeared.
While Buteyko Instructor training has all the potential to provide a secure career, the Buteyko Method is not based on a market-driven trend. Nor is it positioned to exploit fear around Covid-19. Instead, the focus is on breathing re-education and its long-term health benefits.
What’s included in the training?
- Everything you need to teach the Buteyko Method in simple, actionable steps.
- Online virtual learning program including a 285+ page training manual, live zoom classes with Patrick McKeown, video lessons, presentations and e-books.
- An online library with research and articles.
- A downloadable (and print version) 285+ page instructor training manual and print version of The Breathing Cure (new*).
- Live Zoom Classes delivered by Patrick taking you step by step through the training. Check for the next set of live class (dates and times) below. Live classes take place alongside the Virtual Learning Program and can be attended live or viewed afterwards via recordings uploaded to training portal. Live classes are recommended as a starting point to undertaking the training.
- Lifetime access to the complete online learning portal which is regularly updated with the latest breathing science and the ability to attend as many of the live classes as you wish.
- Online exam and case studies template to complete certification.
- Ongoing support from our dedicated team including a dedicated Facebook group and regular Zoom refresher classes with Patrick.
Your Investment: $845
There are no add-on fees or annual subscriptions. This is a one-off investment. Ongoing learning & support is included free of charge.
Patrick McKeown is a leading international authority on the Buteyko Method. Accredited in 2002 by the method’s founder, the late Dr. Konstantin Buteyko, Patrick has trained thousands of clients and instructors. He has authored and published eight books, including three Amazon bestsellers. Patrick is regularly invited to speak at dental and respiratory conferences worldwide. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Biology and the Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences. Patrick is passionate about the science and application of functional breathing. His life is dedicated to sharing knowledge and skills to help others take control of their health.
INCLUDED – LIVE ZOOM TRAINING WITH PATRICK:
As part of your training we invite you to dial in to regular live Zoom classes delivered by Patrick.
Classes are repeated every 8 weeks, and you may attend as often as you wish. Classes are also recorded and uploaded to the online training portal for replay in your own time.
NEXT LIVE CLASSES ARE SCHEDULED FOR:
Class 1: Monday 16th October, 4pm to 6pm, London, UK time
Class 2: Tuesday 17th October, 4pm to 6pm, London, UK time
Class 3: Wednesday 18th October, 3pm to 5pm, London, UK time
Class 4: Thursday 19th October, 4pm- 6pm, London, UK time
Class 5: Friday 20th October, 3pm- 5pm, London, UK time
Patrick’s live Zoom classes are an adjunct to the existing prerecorded video modules and materials on the training portal. It is recommended to view and study the live classes. You can attend ‘live’ by Zoom or view a recording of the classes afterwards if you cannot attend live due to a time zone issue. You may also attend any future live classes as often as you wish. Just dial in.
LIVE ZOOM CLASS TOPICS:
The live online classes explore the following topics. You will find detailed information about each in your instructor manual:
Tailoring exercises to clients
Examining dysfunctional breathing patterns
Practical application of the Buteyko Method
CLASSES 4 & 5
Mouth breathing in children
Recognizing oral breathing in children
Building a Buteyko business
Become a Certified Buteyko Instructor
- Learn the science behind the method.
- Modules on teaching children and young people.
- Techniques to help anxiety, panic and sleep disorders.
- Exercise scripts to use with your clients.
- A relevant knowledge of breathing science and applications.
- Protocols for teaching individuals and groups.
- Lifetime access to course materials.
- Access to an extensive online training portal full of videos, reading materials and research.
- Listing as a Buteyko Instructor on the ButeykoClinic.com website connecting you with potential clients.
- Regular live Zoom classes with Patrick McKeown.
- Ongoing access to live classes at no extra cost.
- A hard copy of your instructor manual shipped to you.
Is Buteyko certification for me?
The international community of Buteyko breathing instructors includes:
People all over the world are successfully using the Buteyko Method to help with a wide range of health issues. If you specialize in healthcare, holistic health, or optimal performance of any kind you can easily integrate the techniques you will learn. This in-depth online study gives you all of the necessary skills to teach adults and children, individuals and groups. All in just a few short months.
If that sounds like something you could use; this training is for you.
How can I use the training?
Breathing is a trending topic. ‘Breathwork’ is now entering the public consciousness as a powerful ‘bio-hack’ for optimal performance and better health.
The bestselling status of several new books about the breath, articles in mainstream media and the impact of a global respiratory tract virus have created a demand for breathing experts. More people are taking proactive measures to improve their own health, build resilience and explore their full potential.
In North America, nearly 40 percent of people now integrate weekly meditation and breathwork into their schedules. People are approaching breathing instructors to help them reach personal goals around productivity, stress management, health and athletic performance. According to Google, 52 million users downloaded the top 10 meditation apps in 2019.
Despite this growing interest, there are still only a limited number of Buteyko instructors worldwide.
This training offers the opportunity to meet the needs of your clients, integrate new skills into your existing practice or specialize purely as a breathing instructor. You can earn a good living in the process.
Which conditions can the Buteyko Method help with?
Studies have shown that Buteyko breathing exercises can be used successfully across a range of health problems including:
High Blood Pressure
Childhood mouth breathing
How does it work?
The Buteyko Method aims to normalize breathing to ensure the correct balance of respiratory chemistry. The exercises restore functional breathing, optimize oxygen uptake and improve respiratory muscle function. Poor breathing is responsible for a surprising number of common symptoms. The Buteyko Method gently re-trains this natural function, restoring harmony throughout the body’s systems.
Who typically uses the method?
Any person from the age of five upwards can learn how to breathe properly using the Buteyko Method. Our certified instructors worldwide teach children, teenagers, adults and the elderly, both male and female. The Method is easily integrated into your client’s daily routine. As an instructor you will teach them a set of breathing exercises and protocols they can rely on at any stage of their health journey.
Topics and material covered in the training:
- A complete instructor exercise script
- Teach the exercises to individuals and groups
- All the information you need to assess your clients’ breathing
- Protocols to teach children aged 5 to 16 years
- Information specific to breathing disorders in children
- How to tailor breathing exercises: dose and duration
- What is MyoTape?
- Breathing for women
- Sleep-disordered breathing in children and adults
- Functional breathing for asthma and respiratory disorders
- Phenotypes of sleep apnea
- How to prepare to attend a sleep clinic
- Heart rate variability (HRV)
- Improving exhaustion, anxiety and panic disorder
Summary of course benefits:
- Help clients and students improve their lives
- Learn how to confidently teach the Buteyko Method
- Develop your expertise and meet client demand
- Learn from home
- Live Zoom trainings with Patrick McKeown
- Extensive library of videos, reading material and scientific reference materials
- Ready-to-use teaching scripts
- Lifetime access to live zoom classes at no extra cost
- A physical copy of the instructor training manual and Breathing Cure book shipped to you
- Access to our dedicated Instructors group on Facebook where we offer daily support
- Lifetime access to your instructor training portal with no renewal fees
- Certification as a Buteyko Instructor
- Listing on our website www.butyekoclinic.com once certified
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the Certificate in the Buteyko Clinic Program training provide?
The training comprises detailed instruction in all of the Buteyko Method exercises and protocols. You will learn how to put the theory into practice in order to teach children, teenagers and adults the method for all health conditions. You will receive lifetime access to our Members Area on www.buteykoclinic.com which includes 49 instructional video modules taught by Patrick McKeown, a downloadable and hard copy instructional manual, a hard copy of The Breathing Cure book (new), buteyko clinic e-book and presentations, and an extensive online library with research papers and studies. In addition you will have access to live Zoom coaching classes with Patrick and the recordings of the classes to replay in your own time. Lastly our TEACH IT section which includes a client questionnaire, marketing materials and other supports for starting to teach. Once purchased, access to all of the above materials is for lifetime. You may complete online exam and case studies (in order to complete certification process), in your own time, there is no deadline on when to submit.
Will this training program certify me to teach the Buteyko Method?
Yes – this training certifies you to teach the Buteyko Method to children, teenagers, and adults for all main health conditions, to include asthma and respiratory illnesses, sleep disordered breathing, anxiety and stress, hyperventilation syndrome, chronic fatigue, and childhood breathing issues (list not exhaustive). The certification is ‘CertBBM’ (Certificate in the Buteyko Breathing Method).
What materials are provided?
Downloadable version of training manual
49 instructional videos (learning modules)
Recordings of past live classes and access to new upcoming classes
Online digital library
Marketing and teaching materials
By Post: you will receive a physical copy of the training manual and Breathing Cure book
Is there an exam?
Yes, there is an online exam which is multiple choice answer. This can be completed in several stages, saved and returned to. You are also required to complete 3 case studies (guidelines provided).
Is there follow up support?
Yes, we have several means of supporting you on your learning journey. 1) you can join our dedicated FB members group, where our expert moderators will answer your queries promptly as you study and certify in the Buteyko Method, 2) Patrick holds monthly questions and answers sessions on Zoom that you can join as often as you wish, here you can pose any questions you have regarding your study or working with clients, 3) you will be added to our mailing list and receive regular updates, information and invites to free workshops for Buteyko Clinic Instructors. Lastly, our dedicated team are here to assist you with any questions you may have as you work your way through the training. If you prefer to reach out by email please contact us at [email protected]
What’s the difference between Buteyko Certificate Training and Oxygen Advantage® instructor training?
ButeykoClinic and Oxygen Advantage® are two separate instructor trainings, albeit with some overlap.
The Buteyko Method is more targeted towards health, and focuses on asthma and respiratory problems, sleep disorders (including insomnia, snoring and sleep apnea), as well as panic disorder and anxiety. The Buteyko Method can be practiced by relatively healthy people as well as people who are quite unwell. A program for children and teenagers is also included.
Oxygen Advantage® (OA) features breathing techniques aimed at healthy people. The method is designed to improve mental and physical performance and boost recovery. It is popular amongst athletes, both recreational and professional. Programs are also included for police, military, athletes and corporates.
Each instructor training is separate and includes instructor manual, training portal, monthly refresher and materials to help with your clients.
The question comes down to – who would you like to work with?
Typically, clients who attend for Buteyko do so to improve their existing health condition(s).
Typically, clients who attend for OA do so to improve their physical or mental performance.
If you want to work with clients facing different and often challenging health problems – then the Buteyko Method is best.
If you want to work with healthy people to improve performance – then OA is best.
Should you like to follow both certifications you are entitled to 25% off Advanced Oxygen Advantage Instructor training (normally valued at USD 995), if you have already registered for our Buteyko Online Certificate Program.
Please contact us at [email protected] to arrange enrollment at the discounted rate.