Certificate in the Buteyko Clinic Method:
Country Specific Training (4 days) or Online Certificate in the Buteyko Clinic Method
Buteyko Clinic International Certificate Training
- Four days’ intensive face to face training.
- Online video training of theory and practical demonstration. The entire Buteyko Certificate training is professionally filmed, edited and available by video to provide an in-depth learning experience.
- Required reading of articles and presentations in preparation for face to face training – access to an extensive collection of papers, articles and presentations by Patrick McKeown is available upon registration.
- Free access to bi monthly 2 hour online classes for practical and theoretical Buteyko Method for asthma, sleep issues and anxiety.
- The requirement to complete case studies and exam to achieve certification.
- Upon successful completion of case studies and exam, a certificate in the Buteyko Clinic Method is granted by Buteyko Clinic International.
- If desired, attendance on a further Buteyko training with Patrick McKeown is encouraged as a refresher, and granted at a nominal fee or on a complimentary basis.
Buteyko Clinic International Certificate Training Syllabus
- Respiratory physiology
- Optimising oxygen uptake and delivery
- Mouth breathing: physical mental and emotional consequences
- Examining dysfunctional breathing patterns
- Practical application of the Buteyko method
- Nose unblocking exercise
- Breathe Light (five variations)
- Breathe Light physical exercise (two variations)
- Walking with breath holds
- Steps exercise (three variations)
- Breathing recovery
- Tailoring exercises to specific people
- Week to week format to train adults
- Mouth breathing in children
- Teaching children & teenagers
- Week to week format to train children
- Functioning of autonomic nervous system
- Breathing and heart rate variability
- Breathing re-education in sleep
- Phenotypes of sleep apnea
- Breathing & TMJ disease
- Exhaustion, anxiety, panic disorder and breathing