Buteyko Breathing Clinic
Practitioners - Japan
Chikako is based in Tokyo, Japan, and Vancouver, Canada. Growing up in a heavily industrial area of Japan, Chikako witnessed every day how people are affected by severe allergies and asthma. Chikako also experienced her own atopic dermatitis and her family’s history of asthma, dental procedures and other allergies. Chikako is assisting Patrick McKeown on the translation of his highly successful Buteyko book “Close Your Mouth” into Japanese. Chikako completed her training with Patrick and is dedicating herself to spreading the word of the Buteyko method at Buteyko Japan and in Canada.
Kan Sugiyama MATrg., ATC, CSCS, CKTP
- Personal Trainer 2012-present
- Instructor for contracted fitness trainers
- Personal training for elite athletes
North Dakota State University Master in Athletic Training – May 2011
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP): Kinesio Taping Association
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS): National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Full body Active Release Technique (ART) Provider, January 2012
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) Certified Athletic Trainer, July 2011 Certification #2000007636
- Certified Graston Technique Instructor, December 2011
- American Red Cross, Certified First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor, September 2010
Contact Ken at Buteyko Japan Clinic
Keiko Yoshinaka – Hiroshima, Western Japan
Keiko Yoshinaka is a Registered Dental Hygienist and Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist. She was trained in the Buteyko Method by Patrick McKeown in association with AOMT in Los Angeles.
Keiko has worked at oral surgery, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and orthodontics for over 15 years. She has witnessed people who have not only tooth decay and gum disease but also incorrect breathing and swallowing habits.
Keiko herself had orthodontic treatment twice in her life because of mouth breathing habit and incorrect tongue position. No dentist or orthodontist taught her Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy. She personally found AOMT and the Buteyko Method on the internet, and was impressed with these therapies that support the development of straight teeth, a beautiful face and a productive life.
Keiko finds the Buteyko Method absolutely essential to teaching Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy. She is passionate about spreading the word about healthy breathing and swallowing habits to make people’s lives better.
Keiko provides Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy and teaches the Buteyko Method to ensure correct beathing, tongue posture and swallowing pattern to individuals and groups in both live and online settings for children and adults. Teaching is available in Japanese and English.